Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Monday Musings : If I were filthy rich...

Via Tumblr


If I were filthy rich.... I'd buy a crumbling ruin like this somewhere in the French countryside.


Via Pretty Stuff


I would restore it...


Via Tumblr

....to it's former glory.


Via Segreto



I would ask Leslie and her team from Segreto to work their magic on the walls.


Collage by Roses and Rust


I would buy beautiful furniture and fittings...


Via Acquired Objects

and I hope Debra from Acquired Objects would supply me with some of her exquisite antique tapestries and textiles.


Via Providence Ltd

I would ask Mona and Talena from Providence Ltd Design to help me put it all together.



Via La Brocanteuse


All the bed linen and table linen would be vintage French from my friend Colette from La Brocanteuse.


Via Etsy

Then once everything was set I would send invitations to all of you to come and stay for a week or longer if you could spare the time.

Via Providence Ltd

I wonder if Mona would lend me her driver to collect you all at the airport... (see here)


Via Louis Vuitton

...mine seems to have mislaid the car!

Via Tumblr

You would be greeted on arrival with French Champagne...


Via Tumblr

... and then shown to your rooms which will look something like this...

Via Tumblr

or this...


Via Crush Cul de Sac


or this... you can take your pick.

Via Segreto

You will, of course, have your own bathrooms along these lines...

Via Pinterest

... or these...


Via House and Leisure

...or these.


Via lacrememagazine.co.uk

After you've freshened up you will all join me for a fabulous dinner party.


Via popyacollar.co.za

After a nice sleep in, we will set off...


Via makingamark.blogspot

...to do some shopping at Brocante like this...


Via allesbrocante.nl

...and this...


Via Eclectic Revisited

... finding treasures like this...


Via Tara Bradford

...and this.


Via Chic Provence

We will have coffee breaks at sidewalk cafe's...

Via Provenceguide.co.uk

...and lunch at restaurants with beautiful views.


Via Travelling Greener

We will have down time, lounging beside the pool...


Via Tumblr

....or spending time in my library which will be filled with beautiful books on decor, architecture, antiques, food, whatever interests you.

via twocherubsantiques.wordpress.com


Some of you might like to do a cooking course...
 via paintingholidaycourses.co.uk
... while others might prefer painting....

Via hoteldevigniamont.com

...or wine tasting.


Via Pinterest


We will of course have many wonderful meals together, indoors or out, and the one thing that is guaranteed is that we will do....

Via suitep.tumblr.com


...lots of talking and laughing!


If only I was filthy rich!

Till next time


Sharon x



20 comments:

  1. I love the thought of renovating a castle and bringing it to its former glory.

    I think you can still have lots of joy, despite being filthy rich. No?

    Have a brilliant Sunday

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I am new to your blog, but Im will to give it a go, make a deal, if I become filthy rich I will not forget you, especially as you have such a good taste in decorating and furnishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Let me know when I can put in for my week, er, month stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Sharon ! the perfect life! (funny i think we have the same driver at the moment!!)
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to get filthy rich and quick Sharon! I would definitely come visit and supply you with tapestries. I just loved this post it was fun!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dreams are my dreams.
    ,I would loooove to visit...let's hang on to this Dream:)))
    Tovehugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun and I'm on board! Thank you for allowing me to provide the bed linens,
    I shall source the appropriate monograms for Madam! Have a lovely week
    Colette Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I love the dining room scene and the wine tasting the most, and I definitely & with pleasure accept your invitation, Sharon. This will be a simply splendid weekend for the girls. What a wonderful post, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you win the lotto please count me in. LOL. Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew I need a drink to steady my heart! Can't wait!!
    Toooo gorgeous for words this...

    Have a fab week!
    V
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post and I am right there with you!! I felt so honored to be the chosen one for finishes in your dream home! Xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon,
    These are always so much fun...a girl can dream! Thanks for the "save the date" I'll look forward to hearing of your fortune. :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad I stopped by this evening, because I certainly want to make sure I get my invitation...stunning post, Sharon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon, this is the most fun....loved all the carefully chosen moments of your living the life dream!! You have great taste too!! N.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been by for a while but it looks like I stopped by on the right day! If you were filthy rich, I definintely approve of the beautiful choices you'd make and I'd hope to be on your invite list as that trip filled with painting, wine, shopping and cooking classes (I'd choose to do all of them) sounds divine! Great post Sharon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stumbled across your blog and I am so happy! what a lovely place to sit and relax. thanks so much for sharing - I am your newest follower! Have a wonderful day. Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes yes yes please I want to join you!!!! I'll take the cooking course and oh I must sample all the wines! Great taste Sharon I wouldn't change a thing!!! Perfect...heaven!
    I hope you win the big one!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Sharon. So creative of you. Love everything you would do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sharon, What a delightful post...I'm all in. We would have a blast. I think you would have a hard time getting me to leave...and as far as Sister and I helping you put your home together...that would not be work, but sheer joy. Thanks so much for the compliment to us and our work. A huge hug to you. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog bought me much pleasure and relaxation this am. thank-you so much. Love your French Aesthetic and the dreamy nature of your blog, very calming to see such beautiful thoughts and images in such an otherwise crazy week..

    ReplyDelete